Other>>module (was "Compiling Flow.so under linux")

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Fri Sep 14 08:35:17 UTC 2007

Hi,

Craig Latta wrote:
>      All messages to instances of Other are supposed to be forwarded by
> the virtual machine. Are you running with a VM that has remote messaging
> support (i.e., the Spoon VM you built)?

Ah, ok. I was actually running memory.image with my spoon VM, but the
control image with a stock-VM-plus-Flow.

I did try my spoon VM with the control image (Squeak-dev 3.9 + naiad),
but it loaded, gave a white screen with a smallish black rectangle in
the top left, and SEGVd. I guess my VM isn't yet quite correct. I'll try
finding out where it crashed, I suppose.

I'm glad to be making progress - it's quite exciting, getting closer to
being able to experiment with spoon!

Regards,
   Tony