[squeak-dev] Re: initial Spoon modularization

Chris Muller asqueaker at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 19:49:00 UTC 2011

Really fascinating Craig, congratulations!

>     Seriously, the main point in being small is making it easier to
> understand the whole system. I want to enable anyone who's interested to
> learn how everything fits together, and not wonder why something is there.

Not only that, but is this also a practical way to make a small,
special-purpose image?  For example, what would it take to imprint
onto your 300K image from, say, a standard Squeak 4.2 image, just the
methods needed to run one method specified by the user, which would
cause all kinds of other methods to be faulted into the target image,
but still end up with considerably less than the entirety of the 4.2
image?

 - Chris