addendum

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 19:04:17 UTC 2011

Oops, the remote image does have a compiler.

I thought for a moment and the agency doing the encoding is likely the
agency doing the un-encoding.
MessagingSession>>performNextIncomingMessage. This leads to:

send: selector withParameters: parameters to: receiver over:
aRemoteMessagingSession under: remoteExchangeID

     "Send the message with selector and parameters to receiver, using
session's connection, for the remote exchange with ID remoteExchangeID."

..snip..

             receiver *perform:* selector withArguments: parameters.

.. snip..

             result := receiver *perform:* selector withArguments:
parameters.

The #perform: is activating the receiver and selector specified in the
message. Everything coming across the wire is a proxy encoding material.
I guess you could specify a new class to be instantiated and that could
be how imprinting happens over the wire.

Onward.

Chris