Spoon VM source

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Thu Apr 12 05:48:22 UTC 2012

Hi David--

> Is there a location to download the Spoon VM source?  I've been
> playing with Squeak4.2 on the BeagleBone (headless ARM v7 embedded
> platform) and everything seems to work great OOTB (going through X11
> and VNC).  I was thinking Spoon would make a great fit for this
> platform.

     Cool! The Spoon VM changes are included in the "Spoon 3 alpha 3"
image (they're written in Smalltalk), from [1].

> Also, I was curious if you had any luck mixing Spoon with Cuis or
> CogVM?

     Yes, the Spoon VM changes are integrated with the Cog VM, and the
VMs in the Spoon release are Cog VMs. I have the VM simulator working
with Cuis, and am adapting Naiad, Spoon's module system, to Cuis.

     thanks,

-C

[1] http://netjam.org/spoon/releases/current

--