User primitives in Squeak

Boris G. Chr. Shingarov boris at dialogue.msu.su
Tue Dec 23 12:18:13 UTC 1997

Ian,

> This is an arbitrary limit that is trivial to increase.  Look at the
> Interpreter method #userPrimitiveResponse and it should be obvious how to
> increase the number of arguments that can be passed.

I did look there, the reason I asked was I didn't believe it to be
this simple so I wanted to be sure I didn't miss something tricky.
And now that I know there are no hidden traps to modification, I take
my words about UP being less pleasant to deal with than SP back!

> The UP support is unofficial, unsupported, and (originally) specific to Unix

WOW!!!  Is there anything in Squeak that is supported or official?!!!

Reagrds,
Boris