Problem with Transcript

Maloney johnm at wdi.disney.com
Thu Apr 9 15:35:56 UTC 1998

>Folks,
>
>has anyone noticed the following:
>
>The Transcript is collapsed but it is written to. You have a couple of
>debuggers. Then opening the Transcript makes Squeak loop.
>
>You can break out of the loop with the interrupt key. It turned out that
>Squeak didn't find the end of run while displaying.
>
>Any clues?

I'm not sure about this specific problem, but it is generally
the case that a broken window can be difficult or impossible
to recover from. The problem arises when displaying the debugger
window causes the broken window to hit the bug. This opens
another debugger which again tickles the broken window which
opens another debugger and so on...

I've sometimes thought that the solution to this problem might
be to open a debugger in a brand new project, empty of all windows.
Of course, if there were a bug in the project creation or switching
code, you could get into the same difficulty, but I think the
probability of that happening is lower...

	-- John