Marketing strategy

Steve Dekorte steve at inquisit.com
Fri Apr 10 19:03:15 UTC 1998

>I think I have a marketing strategy for Squeak. If we look at the market,
>we see a lot of people using Windows. So, why not reuse this? What would
>happen if we would offer Windows to these users across all platforms? I.e.
>it looks like Windows but it is Squeak with a Windows look and feel!
>(Windows is not that bad, I assume quite bright people have thought about
>its user interface and design).

The Window within Window interface?
Clicking on the start button to shutdown the computer?
Bright people, maybe. Good perspective, not IMO.

I think MSWindows popularity may have more to do with backward
compatability.

This is something Squeak simply can't do a better job of.

If consumers are going to use Squeak as an OS,
it will have to be for something new...

Steve