SGI Binaries?

Louise Penberthy lpenbert at ksumail.kennesaw.edu
Sun Apr 12 15:20:26 UTC 1998

At 03:00 AM 4/12/98 -0700, Ryan Davis wrote:
>I am looking for a place to get up to date SGI binaries for IRIX 6.2. I've
>found some binaries for IRIX 5.3 (and in my ignorance I really don't
>understand the difference too much, I've had my SGI for 1.5 weeks now) and
>have downloaded them. I also found some older VMs for 6.2, but they didn't
>like the newer image/sources (new primitives being used--obvious blowups).

I had this same question.  I was told to use the files for 5.3.  They seem
to be working.

>Also, the 5.3 (and again, not sure if it has to do with the OS version or
>not) VM eats quite a bit of CPU when idle. I _believe_ that I read in some
>posting that this was fixed in one of the latest releases for _some_ OS(s).
>Can this be confirmed on the SGI side?

I've also found this to be true.  Is there a fix for it?

-- Louise Penberthy

Louise Penberthy
Visiting Assistant Professor
Dept. of Computer Science and Information Systems
Kennesaw State University
Kennesaw, GA  U.S.A.
(770) 499-3402
lpenbert at ksumail.kennesaw.edu