Squeak file locations under Linux/Debian

Gerardo Richarte gr at fuzzy.uba.ar
Wed Apr 22 16:09:06 UTC 1998

Hi!

> Unfortunately, I don't know how to get this to work.  It's easy enough
> to make Squeak look in /usr/lib/squeak, but Squeak does not like to be
> start up on a read-only changes file.  Even when it isn't read-only,
> the "save as..." doesn't seem to work right -- it doesn't copy the
> .changes file like it should.  Also, the system should only have one
> copy of the SqueakV1.sources, but I'm not how to do that.  It seems
> acceptable to have (more or less) hard-coded file locations, because
> as a binary package it is only supposed to work as a whole (file
> locations and all).

	What I've done is to copy manually .changes and .image to my
src/Squeak directory, and I made a link to Sources.
	What I think is that it can be easly done in C, I mean: check if
squeak.image/changes exist, if they don't try to find them somewhere else,
and make a copy if found. Then (or preciosly) ttry to find Sources and make a
symbolic link.
	This should be really easy.

	Easiest Bye!
	Richie++