Equivalent of addSubView:in: in Squeak

John-Reed Maffeo (rlpa80) rlpa80 at email.sps.mot.com
Fri Apr 24 23:27:35 UTC 1998

Philippe,

I have been working on this problem as well.

This command

v addSubView: v1 in: (0 at 0 extent: 0.5 at 0.5) borderWidth: 2

is supposed to open the subView v1 in a window/view/??? that
is one half of the width View v and oneself the height of
of View v. It is supposed to make all of the sub-views
dynamically scaleable.

I am reading about all this in "Inside Smalltalk". I am
trying to understand the relationship between window/view/display
and I can tell you what it says in the book but I have not
internalized the rule in a way that I can used it easily.

I have looked and looked and could not find an equivalent method
in Squeak.

I will let you know if I find out anything this weekend.
(Unless one of our helpful gurus answers first.)

Regards,

John-Reed Maffeo