1) CD0.2 as PDF; 2) CD0.2.2 are there

wirth at almaden.ibm.com wirth at almaden.ibm.com
Fri Apr 3 02:28:17 UTC 1998

Acrobat 3.0 introduces some incompatible changes in the PDF format.  The
Acrobat Distiller provides the option of generating a 2.x format PDF (which
is forward compatible) or a 3.0 format.  I undoubtedly left the setting on
"3.0" when I converted the Postscript docs to PDF.  I could regenerate
them, but you probably just want to go to the Adobe website and download
the free Acrobat 3.0 Reader (which has some new features, particularly the
ability to use search indexes, if the author provides them.  This used to
be a feature for which you paid money, i.e., by upgrading the Reader to
Acrobat Exchange).

Mike Wirth

Phil Weichert <weichert at hal-pc.org> on 03/28/98 02:58:52 PM

Please respond to squeak at cs.uiuc.edu