speech synthesis

Luciano Esteban Notarfrancesco lnotarfr at dc.uba.ar
Tue Apr 28 20:15:51 UTC 1998

Has anyone been working on speech synthesis for Squeak?
I have roughly implemented -enterely in Squeak- a synthesizer based
upon rsynth (Klatt cascade/parallel filter bank synthesizer and
rule-based text to phonemes translator), but it's just an experiment...
the quality is pour and it's very slow. I'd like to do something in the
diphone concatenation direction (just like Festival does, for instance).
I'd like to know of other people working in the same thing for Squeak,
if there are any.

Squeak!
Luciano.-