Hm?

sqrmax at cvtci.com.ar sqrmax at cvtci.com.ar
Sun Apr 12 19:12:36 UTC 1998

Hi.

I was doing this:

MessageTally spyOn: [3487687648762 factorization]

I got tired of waiting (maybe too big a number to crunch), ctrl-break, and
when I clicked outside the error window to terminate it, a white box appeared
top left telling me that:

**System Error Handling Failed**
Message not understood: displayBox
"and some other lines about what failed"
..
..
..

Now, if I drag windows the display gets garbled. Somehow, the windows get
moved two times. The border that appears while dragging looks funny, sometimes
it appears and sometimes it doesn't. I get no keyboard response. If I exit
the project, the workspace MessageTally failed on pops up over the collapsed
project. If I evaluate a MessageTally again and let it finish, I get keyboard
control again but the display still drops garbage here and there. The change
file does not say a word about evaluating MessageTally spyOn: [this].

Guess I now have a misbehaving image. What went wrong? Can this image be
fixed by re-initializing something? I wouldn't like to lose all the workspaces,
browsers and so.

Andres.