Projects I'd Like To See (Was Re: Favorite Squeak Hints)

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Apr 17 14:05:42 UTC 1998

Jim Benson wrote:
>Oh, and while I am wishing, how about some fun code for examples instead
>of the usual parsers and yaccs and stuff. For years I have read in
>OOPSLA about interesting projects that I never actually  got to see in
>person. For example, I would love to see Vivarium running on Squeak.

Oh yeah!!  There's a whole bunch of code that I think should be (easily?)
runnable on Squeak that I'd love to see, such as:
- ThingLab
- "Programming by Rehearsal"
- ARK

I guess that this should go on Ward's SqueakWiki as was suggested in a
a matter of "Wouldn't it be cool to resurrect cool project Y".  Maybe we
could start a page on the Wiki on "FavoriteResurrections", start tracking
down the source (where still available), and trying a port to Squeak?

Mark

(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu