Microsoft Concludes Agreement To License Technology For Smalltalk

Stephen Ma stephen_ma at mindlink.bc.ca
Sun Apr 5 07:49:16 UTC 1998

Nick,

> [more Microsoft crash jokes]
>
> Similarly for BRAKES, when Bill's vision of Windows everywhere is reached,
> and your vehicle runs on Windows NT 8.0 SP4. Kind of the obvious joke, but
> it's been buggin me ever since that "vision" went public.

It's depressing, but don't despair.  The constant needling about the
unreliability of Windows is one of the few ways we have of holding
Microsoft accountable.  If we keep it up, then perhaps one day even
non-technical folks will realize that daily crashes do not have to be
an inevitable part of computer life.  We must all demand quality, even
in something so apparently minor as motorcyle repair.

Anyway, since this is the mailing list for Squeak, not Visual Basic, I
suspect I'm preaching to the choir.  So I'll say no more here.  I'd
better get back to work on the documentation browser.

Regards,
Stephen Ma <stephen_ma at mindlink.net>