Squeaking the Web

Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de
Mon Aug 3 22:13:58 UTC 1998

On Sun, Aug 02, 1998 at 12:00:02AM -0000, Alejandro F. Reimondo wrote:
> Folks,
>  I'm very happy because I can implement the Squeak Virtual machine
> as an ActiveX component.
ActiveX is only available on Windows. No Mac, no Unix, no Linux.
There are many people which dont use (and dont want to use) MS Win.
(like me). And Squeak itself can't provide Active-X (without containing
a Windows-Emulator). So it will even be impossible to access such pages
from within squeak...

> Now we can embedd a Squeak image in a WEB page!
Hmm.... why not build a Squeak-plugin for Netscape? I've read
somewhere that there is even some code (in the unix-version) for
such a thing...

  Marcus

--
Marcus Denker marcus at ira.uka.de fon at home:(0721)614235 @work:(0721)608-2749