Strangeness with AcceptableCleanTextMorph?

Kevin Fisher kfisher at rim.net
Wed Aug 19 20:54:53 UTC 1998

Hi all again:

Maybe I'm still green with Squeak (answer:  yup!) but I'm wondering if I've
found a problem with the AcceptableCleanTextMorph in the New Morph menu...

If I pull one out of the New Morph -> Windows menu and plunk it down someplace,
when I move the pointer OUT of the morph I get a "Message not understood:
editor" error.  A quick flick through the debugger shows the problem seems
to be in the method inherited from PluggableTextMorph:

mouseLeave: event
	selectionInterval := textMorph editor selectionInterval.
..
..
..

At this point when the method is called, textMorph hasn't been initialized
(it is nil) so obviously there is no 'editor' message yet.

Am I just using Morphic wrong, or is this a bug?

(Incidentally I went through the Self tutorial on the sunlabs site...very
informative!)