Squeaking the Web

Ranjan Bagchi ranjan.bagchi at pobox.com
Wed Aug 5 16:13:39 UTC 1998

[Totally off topic]

Let's not forget that interpretations for URL's is up to the web server:
 If a more intelligent naming scheme is desired the server's free to
implement it.  What we're talking about [in the human-readable sense] is
the naive default implementation that most servers put in and relies upon a
file system.

I'm doing server-side java stuff professionally and one of the cool things
about servlets is that they can apply some knowledge about how to interpret
URLs to deliver the right pages.  URL's like
http://foo.com/servlet/SmartServlet/SomethingUseful can be totally
context-dependent on what pages are served up.

-rj