Definition of Squeak

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at kiel.netsurf.de
Wed Aug 26 17:17:34 UTC 1998

>All of the talk about nil vs. #nil leads me to wonder: where is Squeak
>defined? As the language changes, where does one find the definition

IAFIK there's no formal definition for Squeak. Squeak could of course
follow either the definition of VisualWorks or the ANSI standard, but
currently the only source is the Compiler class itself.

(A techological backstep IMHO, because all languages since Algol-58 (which
was the first language with a formal definition) should have one)

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust  //  Are you ready to discover the twilight zone?