Versionitis

Tim Rowledge rowledge at interval.com
Wed Aug 12 13:30:05 UTC 1998

On Thu 13 Aug, Michael Donegan wrote:
> I have Squeak 2.0 for Mac and Squeak 2.1 for Win32.
>
> Do I dare just run the 2.1 image with my 2.0 VM?
It should work ok - my 2.0 Acorn VM ran the 2.1 release image striaght
away. It might seem a little slow due to several optional performance
improving primitives not being there, but everything ought to work.

> Who decides what goes in a version or when a version comes out?
Ah, now if we told you that we'd have to kill you :-)

> Oh, well. I guess I could go on, but I'll stop there for a while.
> Curious minds want to know.
What do they want to know? Why? How much?

tim

--
Useful random insult:- Has the mental agility of a soap dish.
Tim Rowledge:  rowledge at interval.com (w)  +1 (650) 842-6110 (w)