What determines what becomes part of the base system?

Tim Rowledge rowledge at interval.com
Wed Aug 26 17:23:46 UTC 1998

On Wed 26 Aug, JArchibald at aol.com wrote:

> Why does all the good stuff have to be in the image? Can't we get a Goodies
> collection together as fileIn's (or whatever), with the packages indicating
> their dependencies on other Goodies (as well as the base system required)?
We can and should - there's even a page on the central swiki to point to them
(see http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak.1 -> Packages or Goodies) that already
points to at least two of my goodies packages, let alone all the others.

tim

--
Fractured Idiom:- ICH LIEBE RICH - I'm really crazy about having dough
Tim Rowledge:  rowledge at interval.com (w)  +1 (650) 842-6110 (w)