What determines what becomes part of the base system?

John-Reed Maffeo rlpa80 at email.sps.mot.com
Wed Aug 26 19:25:59 UTC 1998

I was pondering this question one night and came up with an idea
for an organic Squeak.

The internet has put us all in more or less direct contact with one
another and by extension our images are all connected. If each of
the images were aware of each other they could compare themselves on
a class by class, method by method basis they could negotiate the
contents of the base system and provide availability to any non-base
system code that is available in the Squeaksphere(Sqhere?).

Development and experimentations would take place in the non-base
regions of the Sqhere. Success would be reflected in the migration
of code among images.

Security and stability issues aside, I think that this is an idea
whoses time has come.

John-Reed