Morphic & Self 4.0

Kevin Fisher kfisher at rim.net
Fri Aug 21 12:59:30 UTC 1998

This is just a general question...I now have access to a Solaris box that is
running Self 4.0.  I'm eager to dive into Morphic, but I'm wondering if there
is any benefit to playing with it on Self first, before trying it in Squeak?
A quick glance shows me that the Self Morphic interface is somewhat different
than what I've seen under Squeak, although there is enough commonality between
the two (except that Self won't run on anything but an 8-bit display :p ).

(I must say that that huge collaborative workspace is intreguing...any plans
for amalgamating that into Squeak?)