What is hidden ?

David Stes stes at mundivia.es
Wed Aug 19 20:42:19 UTC 1998

On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, Andreas Raab wrote:

> Definitely yes. I think that "hidden" methods wouldn't be a good idea
> after all because they would only provide one level of filtering. An
> application browser of some sort would be much more useful.
>
> Anyone going to write it?!

An appliction browser, no, that's a bit too much work for me ...

But the '.' idea is something that even I (far from being a Browser
expert) could do :

 1. add method to String class

    isHidden ^self beginsWith:'.'

 2. add method to ClassOrganizer

    visiblecategories ^(self categories) select:[:c | (c isHidden) == false].

 3. change Browser messageCategoryList method to use 'visiblecategories'.

and it seems to work for me ...

It's nice that the system is so flexible.

Maybe it's a bit too flexible !  What I'm afraid of now, is that
something's going to be screwed up after this change ...