Polymorphism without protocol dilution

Alan Kay alank at wdi.disney.com
Sat Aug 29 05:06:29 UTC 1998

Maurice and Travis --

Dan Ingalls and I (seperately) were very taken with parts of APL in our
youth, and. over the years, have been quite excited at the possibilities
that polymorphism brings to this kind of generalization of collections. It
is now time to take another pass at the algebraic roots of
Smalltalk/Squeak. Suggestions please -- the best kind are not so much
add-ons, but comprehensive schemes that are both powerful, readable, and
help users think ...

Cheers,

Alan

------