another pass at the algebraic roots of Squeak [was Re: Polymorphism ...]

Dwight Hughes dwighth at ipa.net
Sat Aug 29 18:24:29 UTC 1998

I agree -- even those slightly interested should take a look -- the
downloads are relatively small: about 2.6MB for J (full evaluation
version with doc) and under 1MB for K (demo version with doc). I
especially like the way they define "nouns", "verbs", "adverbs", etc
which are used to form "sentences" (functions).

-- Dwight

Bob Shafer wrote:

> I'd like to suggest that folks interested in this have a look at the
> languages J and K, both of which are discussed on comp.lang.apl.
  ---snip---
  [ J from http://www.jsoftware.com ]
  ---snip---
  [ K from http://www.kx.com ]