Low on space problem.

Christopher Oliver oliver at fritz.traverse.net
Fri Dec 25 00:00:00 UTC 1998

> But, whenever I try to do anything in it, I get "space is low" messages.

> What can be the problem? And the solution too :-)

Are you remembering to give a '-memory XXm' switch where XX is
some number of megabytes the VM has to work with?  There is a
lot of stuff in this image, and the default, 5MB, is pretty tight.
I usually start squeak with 16MB unless I've trimmed out many
things.  It's quite a change from the memory requirements des-
cribed in the Byte balloon issue.  ;-)

Christopher Oliver, Traverse Internet, oliver at traverse.net
  We've secretly replaced their web server with Folgers Crystals.
  Let's see if they notice.