AlignmentMorph and TextMorph

Pennell's pennell at tiac.net
Sun Dec 27 03:10:45 UTC 1998

I'm trying to create a row on a pane with a left justified name, some space and a right justified
number.

I created the row as follows:

    aRow := AlignmentMorph newRow color: aColor.
    aRow
        addMorph: (TextMorph new contents: aName);
        addMorphBack: (AlignmentMorph newSpacer: Color transparent);
        addMorphBack: (TextMorph new contents: aNumber printString).

Everything displays correctly, but:

    - Why is the first submorph left justified and the last one right justified?
    - Why does the first submorph allow editing and the last one doesn't?
    - How can I prevent editing?  I want display only.  I tried to use StringMorph's but
        after much experimentation with wrapping in AlignmentMorphs, I trimmed
        the example down to this.

Thanks - I'm finally trying to learn Morphic so I can teach a 14 year old...
-david