PWS as a plain web-server

Bert Freudenberg bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Mon Dec 14 14:40:40 UTC 1998

There are, for example, some options to reduce net traffic (and server
load). We could implement "If-modified-since" to only transmit updated
pages. There could be a "Keep-alive" feature to reduce the ConnectionQueue
accesses. PWS could generate a "Content-length" header. It could interpret
the 'Host' header to allow virtual hosts etc.

I guess this all will be easier to accomplish in a restructured PWS ...

Cheers,
Bert

--
 Bert Freudenberg                                         Institut fuer
                                                          Simulation und