Squeak and Lego Mindstorms

Ivan Brusic ivan at cc.gatech.edu
Sat Dec 5 15:29:54 UTC 1998

On Sat, 5 Dec 1998, Jeffrey Odell wrote:

> Pardon the slight diversion, but does anyone have a suggestion where to buy
> the Mindstorm product from the web at a good discount.  The Legos site has
> it for around $220.  eToys is backordered.
>
> I'd like to play Santa for my two boys (OK, I might play with it too!).

According to the fine folk on rec.toys.lego, the cheapest place to buy
Lego Mindstorms is at the Learningsmith (they are located in various
malls).  If you go to their web site at:
http://www.learningsmith.net
print out the brain teaser coupon (you must get the puzzle correct
first!).  The coupon should be good for 20% off anything, so a Mindstorms
set will cost about $180.  Being Christmas and all, they too may be
backordered.  I have done my homework!

Ivan

--

Ivan Brusic                        |  "Computers are nothing but a perfect
Graduate Student                   |   illusion of order" - Iggy Pop