AlignmentMorph and TextMorph

Pennell's pennell at tiac.net
Sun Dec 27 23:01:18 UTC 1998

[snip]
>I tried your original code (or, rather, Andrew's runnable version) and both fields were editable on
my system (2.2). Sending #lock seems to >have corrected that.

Thanks, I missed that.  I was looking for something like #readOnly in TextMorph.  As this is in
Morph, I assume it will lock any Morph from editing.

>Sending #rightFlush to the second field gets it lined up as desired.
Yes.  I'm sure I tried this late last night...

>I set an explicit width for both text fields since the results would be data dependent otherwise.

It doesn't look like you really need to do this.  My current code doesn't set any explicit extents
except the one set by #initialExtent.
Using your trick of setting the spacer morph color to blue allows you to see quickly what is going
on.  The change set I sent had the extent
set on the spacer morph.  You can see the spacer morph's width floating out to a maximum of that set
by the extent.  The TextMorph's
in a column all ended up the same width.

BTW - As Andrew suggested, I went back to a StringMorph and everything still looks right.  I'm sure
I tried this last night too....

-david