PWS as a plain web-server

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Dec 14 02:42:06 UTC 1998

The latest versions of PWS do support multi-threading and multi-part
attachments (so that we can do file uploads).  See
http://pbl.cc.gatech.edu:8080/myswiki.1 for more on the latest.

Do note some of the cool things that PWS can do that traditional webservers
can't, like:
- Embedded Smalltalk in the HTML file
- CGI's done as flexible "servlets" that can interpret the URL in anyway
they want. (Yes, we're prone to ST-72 problems, but nobody much reads URL's
:-)
- "Pluggable" attachments to Smalltalk applications.

These kinds of things are documented at
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/fac/mark.guzdial/squeak/pws/

I'm all for doing more -- I'm just hoping that the next iteration will
include some of these things that I'm using now :-)

Mark

(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu