Squeak in the news

Tim Rowledge rowledge at interval.com
Thu Dec 17 20:31:53 UTC 1998

>     By Christopher Jones     SAN FRANCISCO (Wired) - A little-known
programming
>  language with a quirky name is stealthily creeping its way into the
> mainstream,  with a nudge from Disney, IBM, and Paul Allen's Interval Research
Bit of an exageration, to say the least!
[snip]
>     Tim Rowledge, a researcher at Interval and a longtime Smalltalk
developer,
> said that Squeak [via Smalltalk] is "about the best language for devising
> complex problems in ways you can get your head around. All the hype that
> applies to Java is true with Smalltalk."
This bit is a reasonable quote. I actually said it about Smalltalk in general,
but I guess you can forgive wanting to make it more Squeak centered in  an
article about Squeak.

>  "[Squeak] would be really good for applications in small embedded situations,
"
>  said Rowledge. "It's certainly quite synergistic with Linux with its
openness
> and extensibility," he said. He declined to comment on any specific projects.
So is this...
>    Rowledge, who said that IBM has also been tinkering with Squeak,
but THIS is nonsense. I said no such thing.  I don't even know what IBM might
be doing with Squeak.

Aargh. Journalists!

--
Fractured Idiom:- LE ROI EST MORT. JIVE LE ROI - The King is dead.  No kidding.
Tim Rowledge:  rowledge at interval.com (w)  +1 (650) 842-6110 (w)