Dugan piece...

Andrew A. Rutz arutz at oocsb.cs.ucsb.edu
Fri Feb 20 02:27:44 UTC 1998

> After trying to wade through the "Social and Political History" on
> two occasions, I found it quite the most ponderous piece I've read
> in years.

> Language."  Do folk imagine it encourages or repel potential
> Smalltalkers?
>  Thoughts?  Objections?

 ..I actually thought it was unique to read something how the
socio-political times might have influenced the design of a
*programming language*.  I don't remember much at all from the
paper.. and have wanted to return to it.. but I really enjoyed the
Very Large Perspective and decidedly Non-Engineering perspective that
was taken.  An attempt was made to put the *programming language* in
some historical light.. It kept my attention and I wanted to read more!

--
8)  Andrew ("Andy") Rutz        Graduate Student, UCSB
:)   (H) 805-685-4327           Computer Science Dept
;)   arutz at cs.ucsb.edu