Implementation techniques - threaded code and such...

Andreas Raab raab at isgnw.cs.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Sun Feb 15 18:31:25 UTC 1998

> Depending on your machine, graphics card and the phase of the
> moon, the sex changing can occupy quite a chunk of time. IIRC, john
> maloney mentioned up to 50% (eek) on his portable. I doubt this could
> possibly be 'normal' but it might be.

This depends on a number of factors. The worst case with respect to
"byte-sex-reversal" (I should call my C function "changeGender" or so...)
is probably Squeak and the OS both running 8bit color depth. However,
running Squeak in 16bit is according to my measures the slowest version
since this gives the graphics driver a hard time.

Andreas
--
Linear algebra is your friend - Trigonometry is your enemy.
+===== Andreas Raab ============= (raab at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de) =====+