A suggestion for factoring the list

Chris Reuter cgreuter at calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Feb 24 01:02:06 UTC 1998

> Squeakers,
> Given all the talk lately about the plethora of postings on the list, I thought
> I might suggest a possible factoring to improve the  so-called "signal to noise
> ratio", especially seeing that ones person's signal is another's noise, or
> signal is in the ear of the beholder.

[deletia]

> Better ideas?  Let's hear them!

I intensely dislike the idea of fracturing the list because a lot of
"uninteresting" discussions turn out to be things I want to learn more
about.  In a fractured set of lists, I'd miss those.

As was already suggested on this list, I think Squeak discussion
should be moved to a moderated newsgroup.  Newsreaders are
significantly better at managing a plethora of messages.

Now, to find somebody with enough free time to moderate....

		       --Chris