Two Squeak Window Questions

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Feb 10 16:17:38 UTC 1998

First, a question I can't answer from one of my students:
  Is there a way to kill a Window in Squeak without using the close
  button? I was playing with Views and I created a very small view.
  It is so small that you can only see a small rectangle. Squeak
  draws the close and size buttons next to the rectangle, but I
  can't click on them. All I can do is click in the middle and drag
  the box around. I'd like not to have this window permenatly
  open, but I've been unable to find a way to kill it. (Say, with a
  command in the Workspace?) Any help would be greatly
  appreciated...

Second, is there any way to open two MVC windows in a method?  When I send
"open" to a controller, it terminates the current process.  I tried
"openNoTerminate" which did work, but the window behaved very strangely
(e.g., it would jump in weird places when I dragged it, sometimes clicks in
it seemed to be handled by the window below it, etc.).  I've done it
successfully by forking each of the two opens, but then the windows don't
appear until I restore the display.

Thanks!
 Mark

(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu