Incongruent hash

jarvisb at timken.com jarvisb at timken.com
Fri Feb 13 15:39:38 UTC 1998

However, our non-American colleagues might have fits over this one,
since in some locales the decimal "point" is written as a comma, and the
thousands/millions/billions separator is written as a period, e.g.

    123,456.78 is written as 123.456,78

So building Point instances with a comma operator might cause problems
for people in such a locale.  Just an observation...

Bob Jarvis

*************************** Attachment ***********************************
Date: 11 February 1998, 15:13:15 EST
      tgriggs at keyww.com
                                                     squeak   at INTERNET
      squeak at cs.uiuc.edu
To:                                                squeak   at INTERNET
      squeak at cs.uiuc.edu
cc:                                                recipien at INTERNET
      recipient.list.not.shown:@

Reply-To                                                 squeak   at INTERNET
      squeak at cs.uiuc.edu