Squeak Database Connectivity

Boris G. Chr. Shingarov boris at dialogue.msu.su
Wed Feb 18 16:13:23 UTC 1998

Billy,

> In particular I would like to interface with SQL.

I do plan to add an interface to RDBs from Squeak but
this is not going to be soon.  If someone (THIS MEANS
*YOU*) volunteers to help with this then it will come
much sooner ;-)))

I have a (more or less stably working) interface to
native platform APIs.  The idea it uses is similar
to PlatformFunction in IBM ST.  Currently it's for
OS/2.  I'm looking into porting Squeak (and this
interface) to mainframe OSs.  Then on top of this I'm
going to build a native API-based interface to DB2 on
both OS/2 and OS/390 and VM.

Boris