How to run STones80: "reuse" temp names

NISHIHARA Satoshi nishis at urban.ne.jp
Fri Feb 13 15:54:13 UTC 1998

Yes, I wrote: "I can fileIn and run it!".
BUT I'm very sorry I've found that the walkback was to be risen at at
SmopstoneBenchmark. X-<  (SlopstoneBenchmark is OK).

It ooccurs at
SlopstoneBenchmark>>streamTestsOn: integers

method "streamTestsOn:" is
        measures the efficiency of integer-to-float conversion, of
        printing numbers to a write stream, of parsing tokens in a read
        stream,   and of converting the tokens from strings to numbers.

"integers" is collection of prime numbers.
"integers" makes
1) theStream of printing numbers
2) and theStream makes another OrderedCollection of converted float from string.
and at the last of this method,
        (integers = floats) ifFalse: [self halt: 'Numbers do not compare.']
this comparison failed and do ifFalse block.
STA and STV says (integers = floats) is true.

ex)
integer  string  float
7853     7852    7852.0
7867     7866    7865.99999999999
7873     7873    7873.0

at
        integers do:
                [:i |
                i asFloat printOn: s.
                s space].
(snipped)
        [s atEnd]
                whileFalse:
                        [float _ 0.0.
                        string _ s upTo: delim.
                        s upTo: space.
                        "In the following, digitValue is portable between
ST80 and
                        ST/V-DOS. "
                        string do: [:char | float _ float * 10.0 + char
digitValue].
                        floats add: float].
7853 asFloat asString -> '7852.99999999999'
string is '7852', float is 7852.0.
This is not much intergers as 7853.

STV: 7853 asFloat printString '7853.0'
STA: 7853 asFloat printString 7853.0
LW:  7853 asFloat printString '7853.0'

I've noticed that
max prime number under 7351, this benchmark can run.

Dazed and Confused, Jimmy?

thanks

$B@>86Ao;N(B (NISHIHARA Satoshi)
e-mail: nishis at urban.ne.jp