Wiki question

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Feb 4 17:46:20 UTC 1998

>Hi
>after the modification done by ian I succeeded to start
>Squeak as a web server.
>
>I tested the files includes in swiki
>and I have the following behavior:
>each time I cliek on the browser on a widget that should
>execute a squeak expression  <?request url...>
>like in the page page.html
>
>the netscape brwoser reports me an error
>a primitive has failed

One of the nice things about Georg's WebServer is that error messages get
returned as Web pages, so that you do get some idea what's going on.

Does the basic http://yourserver:8080/ work?  If that works, then the core
PWS is okay and it's just the embedding that is screwed up.  If it doesn't,
then something may not be set up correctly.

Try doing PrintIt on this statement in your workspace:
        HTMLformatter evalEmbedded: '<?3+4?>' with: ''

If you get an error, please let me know what it is.  If you don't, it's not
the basic embedding mechanism causing the problem.

I'm not sure how to find out where the error is occurring, if it's in PWS.
- If the error is in Socket, you may be hitting a Delay problem.  I got
those alot before John Maloney fixed the MacSqueak Delay code.
- If the error is in FileStream, it's probably because the ServerAction
methods (like serverDirectory) haven't been set properly yet, so it's
trying to access a file that doesn't exist.

Good luck!
Mark

(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu