Help!

Philippe de Rochambeau pr1 at club-internet.fr
Tue Feb 24 17:11:25 UTC 1998

The following example code which comes from Inside Smalltalk vol. II, does not
work properly because the MotherDuck initialization method is not run anew
each time its code is modified.

When you do "MotherDuck example" in a Workspace, a few dialogs appear, one
describing the application, and the other displaying a popup menu with several
icons in the shape of birds to choose from (left looking duck, right looking
duck, etc.). If you slightly modify the contents of that popup menu in
MotherDuck's initialization method, (by changing 'left looking duck' to 'left
stupid duck' for instance), the modification has no consequences on the
contents of the popup menu when you run the project again as if the code had
not been updated. Why?

(I must confess that I have no idea how the initialization methods
gets launched).

Is this caused by some bug in Squeak or bad coding?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Philippe de Rochambeau

P.S. My apologies to those of you who don't like unsollicited enclosures, but
I had no other way to submit my "category".
Attachment converted: Cog:Archive.sit (SITD/SIT!) (0000C02E)