Wiki question

Matthew Rosen rosen at sjdccd.cc.ca.us
Wed Feb 4 15:55:10 UTC 1998

Stephane Ducasse wrote:

> Hi
> after the modification done by ian I succeeded to start
> Squeak as a web server.
>
> I tested the files includes in swiki
> and I have the following behavior:
> each time I cliek on the browser on a widget that should
> execute a squeak expression  <?request url...>
> like in the page page.html
>
> the netscape brwoser reports me an error
> a primitive has failed
>
> Have you any suggestion ??
>
> Thanks

 I had a similar difficulty until I constructed the URL and the "server"
file directory to what the PWS was expecting..

If you put the path /embedded/ into your URL, and place your html file
within a corresponding subdirectory, the PWS would then work properly
with embedded Squeak code.

For example, say you set the ServerAction class method serverDirectory
to answer 'c:\webserver\' as the base location for your served files.
To have Squeak interpret embedded Smalltalk code within the <? and ?>
tags, you have to have the action key 'embedded' in your URL.  The
easiest way to accomplish this I found was to create a subdirectory
c:\webserver\embedded\, and then user the URL
http:\\myhost\embedded\page.html

Of course, you can change the server actions, but I am assuming that you
are playing around with the default actions.

Hope this helps.

--
Matt Rosen, Director for Technical Services
San Joaquin Delta College