more MVC questions

Andreas Raab raab at isgnw.cs.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Thu Feb 12 23:59:33 UTC 1998

> A little flakey, in that I have no assurance that the view is open
> for business before the text arrives.  But I can't control it with
> a semaphore because the process is murdered just before it would
> signal the semaphore.
>
> Is there a better approach?

Probably. Why don't you just use StandardSystemController>>openNoTerminate
rather than StandardSystemController>>open. The first will not terminate
your process and return as you wanted. The only thing you have to do is
updating the Display by calling "ScheduledControllers restore" to make
sure the new window is actually displayed.

Hope this helps,
  Andreas
--
Linear algebra is your friend - Trigonometry is your enemy.
+===== Andreas Raab ============= (raab at isg.cs.uni-magdeburg.de) =====+