Squeak v1.31 on Windows available

Blake McBride blake at edge.net
Fri Feb 6 20:28:45 UTC 1998

At 05:54 PM 2/6/98 +0100, you wrote:

>> I downloaded 1.31 and started it up (not jitter).
>> I then activated "Play with me - 4" and clicked
>> "-->" and I got: "a primitive has failed" window.
>>
>> I had the same problem with 1.30 and 1.31 jitter.
>
>It's probably the sound primitive which fails. Try executing:
>
>  Preferences setPreference: #disableSounds toValue: true
>
>and it should work.

Thanks, I'll try it.  BTW, wouldn't it be nice if squeak
detected the fact that I don't have a sound board and
turned the sound off itself?  That's what every other
program I've used does.

Thanks.

--blake

--
Download source code to my Dynace Object Oriented
Extension to C and Windows Development System from: