#\\ with negative arguments and receivers

Tim Olson tim at jumpnet.com
Sat Jan 31 23:12:39 UTC 1998

Leando wrote:

>IMO, the method SmallInteger>>\\ is not working properly with negative
>arguments and receivers. For instance, when evaluating -1 \\ -2 one
>obtains -3 instead of -1 (or 1). Note that this behavior contradicts both
>the mathematical definition and the current implementation of Number>>\\.

Yes; this was one of the numeric primitive bugs in the VM that I noted
awhile back, but it looks like the fix for it somehow slipped through the
cracks.  Here's the changeset for the fix again.  Note that the VM will
have to be recompiled to fix this.

      -- tim

Attachment converted: Cog:Numeric Primitive Fixes.cs (TEXT/R*ch) (0000B200)