Smalltalk book for beginners?

Chris Grindstaff chrisg at AppliedReasoning.com
Tue Jan 20 14:23:54 UTC 1998

Smalltalk, Objects, and Design by Chamond Liu.

Even though it is VA specific it contains some very good sections on the
basic tenants of object oriented programming with Smalltalk.  An
excellent book.

-chris

Chris Reuter wrote:

> A friend of mine wants to learn to program.  I immediately suggested
> Squeak as something to start with, but I don't know of any "Learn to
> Program Using Smalltalk" sorts of books out there, and given his level
> of computer knowledge, I doubt he'd be able to learn from just the
> source code.
>
> Can somebody point me to a book, online tutorial, video series,
> etc. on programming in Smalltalk for non-programmers?  Is there such a
> thing?  I'd hate to let another human mind become polluted with Visual
> Basic.
>
>                                 --Chris

Chris Grindstaff                	|  Applied Reasoning
mailto:chrisg at appliedreasoning.com     	|  111 Corning Rd., Suite 220
919-851-7677                    	|  Cary, NC 27511
http://www.appliedreasoning.com        	|