Hello fellow Squeakers!

John-Reed Maffeo rlpa80 at email.sps.mot.com
Fri Jan 16 23:30:51 UTC 1998

Hello fellow Squeakers!

I say that with pride now because last night I finally got a
rough version of the TowersOfHanoi program to work!!!

My work was based on a copy of the program that I downloaded from
the Smalltalk archive at ftp.wustl.edu/
hanoi    16529    usenet/st80_pre4/hanoi.st
     Towers of Hanoi game
     -Dr Kevin Waite <kww at cs.glasgow.ac.uk> 2.5

Syntax changes were required in several methods and several methods
needed to be moved to other classes.

My effort was greatly aided by another program that I got to
run prior to this which was also downloaded from the SA by
ikp at cs.man.ac.uk which i can't find the reference to right now.

MVC-Wires only needed a few syntax tweeks to get running. Once
wires was running I was able to see what kind of changes I needed to
make to get hanoi running.

One thing that I have learned so far is the necessity to really know
the classes and methods or else one is going to reinvent a lot
of RoundThingsUsedForTransportation.

<insert appropriate Squeat salutation here>

John-Reed Maffeo