Serial Port access from Squeak

Gerardo Richarte gr at fuzzy.uba.ar
Tue Jan 13 04:04:58 UTC 1998

Todd Coram wrote:

> Hello All,
>

> My goal:  Squeak + DC20 = cheap playground for digital photography.
>
> The problem:  Squeak doesn't support serial port access (or does it?).

	If you are in a hurry to start using your cammera, you can try using
this:

Windows API Calls for Squeak 1.23
---------------------------------
Version: 0.7
	in http://www.sugarweb.com/Miniatures/Files/SqApis.Zip

This package works correctly but is incomplete and not fully debugged.

Please report bugs and questions
        to Alejandro F. Reimondo
        at alereimondo at sugarWeb.com
Feel free to visit http://www.sugarweb.com
        (Smalltalk User Group ARgentina)
        for more recent versions and other works on Smalltalk in
Argentina.

	by Alejandro Reimondo, as you are in Windoze, you can use *comm*
functions in User dll (user.exe). I think this is a good place to start
using your cammera pretty soon.

	Soonie bye!
	Richie++