Sending WinSqueak Code: Dumb but Critical Question

Serg Koren Serg at VisualNewt.com
Tue Jan 20 15:08:58 UTC 1998

I think there's a fileStreamCR that someone posted  that you might want
to look at...not sure that will solve it but it's worth a look.

----- Mark Guzdial said:

>Folks, I'm teaching Squeak to an intro class on object-oriented analysis,
>design, and programming this quarter, and I've run into a simple but
>nagging problem: How to get students to turn in their lab code.  They're
>working in a lab of WinNT boxes.
>
>(1) When students fileOut their code, FTP it to their UNIX accounts, and
>mail it to us, all the line endings are gone and we can't fileIn the
>result.
>
>(2) We've built a turnIn and grading system in the Pluggable WebServer so
>that students can fileOut their code, open up the fileOut, select-all and
>copy, then paste it into a text area in an HTML form.  Again, all tabs and
>line endings are gone, so we can't fileIn.
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks!
> Mark

>Mark Guzdial : Georgia Tech : College of Computing : Atlanta, GA 30332-0280
>(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
>http://www.cc.gatech.edu/gvu/people/Faculty/Mark.Guzdial.html

VisualNewt Software: http://www.VisualNewt.com/

Maker of Newt'sPaper(tm) the Premier Newton(R)
MessagePad(tm) News Reader.